The International Council of Ophthalmology Fellowship 2024-24
Pursue your studies anywhere in the world. Good news for you! International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) Fellowship is currently now open. In this article, we’ll provide a detailed explanation of this award, its benefits, summary, coverage, and the Eligibility Criteria step-by-step online application procedure.
International Council of Ophthalmology Fellowship 2024-25 is a fully-funded, prestigious student scholarship open to international students. The Fellowship will provide the winner with up to $50,000 in allowance to cover expenses for living and travel.
The ICO Allergan Advanced Research Fellowship is open to all young eye doctors from all over the globe who would like to conduct fundamental or research-based studies at their chosen university.
The Summary International Council of Ophthalmology
- The Study Area: Research Fellowship, Postdoctoral
- Institution: The chosen university,(preferably in a foreign country where they live)
- Learn in: All over the global
- Courses Offered: Ophthalmology
- Program Time: According to the program
- Date of submission: March 31 To September 30 (each year)
Coverage International Council of Ophthalmology
- International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) The fellowship provides the recipient with $50,000 USD to pay for the cost of living and travel expenses.
International Council of Ophthalmology Eligibility Criteria
In order to be considered to be considered for an International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) Fellowship, applicants must fulfill the following conditions:
Required Language: English
Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
- The description of prior work in the area of the proposed application
- Complete CV with detailed publication list, as well as impact factors
- Approval of the program’s current director
- The possibility of confirmation from the chosen host University
- The specifics of how the research work should continue in the course of the period of fellowship
- Sustainability declaration, e.g., confirmation by the current program director stating that the candidate may come back after the appointment and resume his/her job.
- At least 12 months of Research education.
- Application online on the ICO website.
- Requests will be considered to conduct studies work in the subspecialties listed below: Glaucoma, Neuro-Ophthalmology, Pediatric Ophthalmology, Retina, Tumours, Uveitis, Dry Eye, and Cornea.
- Exam copy for the specialist in Ophthalmology to pass.
- Candidates must be reasonably proficient in the local language at the center for fellowship training.
- The applicant must be less than 40 when applying.
- The ICO advises candidates to have the ability to pass any of the ICO tests. We take this into consideration in the evaluation of applications. For more information.
- The applicants from countries that have an ophthalmological society that is part of ICO will be given extra consideration. To find out more about the members of ICO.
For more information about requirements for eligibility go below.
How to The Step by Step Apply for the International Council of Ophthalmology 2024?
Follow the steps below to submit your application for the grant:
- If you are not already a member, you will have to set up an ICO Account If you don’t have one.
- Choose the Fellowship: After identifying your country and state, your ICO Fellowship(s) that you are entitled to will be displayed.
- Complete Eligibility Verification: You will be required to submit details in order to establish whether or not you are suitable to apply for the chosen ICO Fellowship.
- ICO Eligibility Assessment: After your information is sent to ICO your ability to qualify will be assessed. It is then you will be informed of the outcome and asked to submit the application form or advised that you are not qualified.
- Apply for a Host Training Centre: If you are qualified to apply, you will decide to apply and select the host. Be aware of the fact that it is possible that you may only apply for only one host at one moment.
- Host Application Review Your application will be assessed by the host you’ve chosen. If the host accepts your request If you are accepted, you will have to verify the terms agreed upon between the host and you. In the event that your application is rejected If you are not accepted, you will have to choose a different host.
- Fellowship Application submitted: You will be advised that your request is completed and will be scrutinized by a relevant ICO Fellowship Committee.