Aga Khan Foundation Scholarships 2024-25 | Online Application Process
In this article, we’ll provide a detailed explanation of this award, its benefits, summary, coverage and the Eligibility Criteria step-by-step application procedure.
Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarships are available for international students who wish to pursue a master’s degree in any university of high reputation other than the universities in The UK, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, Austria, Denmark, The Italy, Ireland and Norway.
The Aga Khan Foundation provides a limited number of annual scholarships for postgraduate studies to exceptional students from selected developing nations who do not have any other source of funding for their studies in the hope of empowering leaders and scholars and also helping them prepare for a job in the AKDN.
Short-term course applications are not considered, nor are requests from those who’ve begun their study. study.
The Summary Aga Khan Foundation Scholarships
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Aga Khan Foundation
- The course can be taken in: Any highly reputable university, excluding the universities in the UK, Germany, Sweden, Austria, Denmark, The Netherlands, Italy, Norway as well and Ireland
- Program Time: According to the chosen school
- Deadline: March 31st 2024. (The 2024-25 Cycle will begin in the month of January 2024.)
Aga Khan Foundation Scholarships Courses Offered
- Rural development
- Institution building
- Economic development
- Agriculture and food security
- Civil society
- Enterprise development
- Financial inclusion
- Historic cities
- Humanitarian assistance
- Industrial development
- Infrastructure development
- Tourism promotion
The Coverage Aga Khan Foundation Scholarships
Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarships give the winner these benefits:
- The Foundation provides students with the cost of tuition and living expenses.
- The funding for PhD programmes is limited to the initial two years of study following which students are required to locate alternative funding sources.
- Financial aid is offered depending on the needs of the students.
- The applicants are encouraged to try their best to get funding from different sources to ensure that the amount demanded by the Foundation can be kept to a lower amount.
- The preference is for those who were successful in obtaining funding via different sources.
Aga Khan Foundation Scholarships Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to be eligible for Aga Khan Foundation international scholarships, a candidate must satisfy all the following criteria:
- The language that is required: As per chosen institution’s requirements.
- Countries Eligible: The Foundation accepts applicants from these states: Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Syria, Egypt, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Madagascar and Mozambique. For France, Portugal, the UK and the USA as well as Canada Applications are received from applicants who are originating from one of the above-developing countries, are interested in development-related research, and who have no alternative means to finance their education.
- Academically excellent records consistently.
- Genuine financial need.
- Acceptance into a highly reputable school or course of study.
- Relevance of the area of study in relation to the focus areas of AKDN.
- Providing coherent and thoughtful education and career goals,
- Extracurricular pursuits and successes as well as their potential for reaching their objectives, and the likelihood to be successful in an academic setting in another country.
- Candidates are likely to have a few years of work knowledge in their area of interest.
- Priority is given to those who are younger than 30 years of age.
How to Step by Step Apply for the Aga Khan Foundation Scholarships 2024?
Follow the below guidelines for submitting an application to be considered for Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarships:
- It is recommended that you receive an offer to study at your chosen institution.
- Request an application from the AKF office or Aga Khan Education Services/ Boards in the country where your present home is.
- The completed form should be sent to the agency through which the application was received. The application should not be delivered to Geneva.